A roof alone represents around 5% of the value of your house, so it is important to make the right choices of materials, profiles and colours. Choosing a roof is an important decision – dont leave it to a third party. Your choice of roof will affect you while living under it and have a significant effect on the re-sale value.
There are a lot of conflicting opinions about which materials are best for roofs so its worth looking at some bare facts:
- Both concrete and terracotta roof tiles are strong, hard wearing and durable.
- They are extremely weather resistant and can handle high wind conditions, though this will always depend on the fixing of the tiles.
- Concrete and terracotta tiles provide good thermal insulation in all types of weather,as well as good sound insulation.
- The roof tiles we sell all have a 50 year guarantee to remain structurally sound, and in addition, our terracotta tiles are fired at high temperatures and will therefore never ever fade – no other roofing material can compare when it comes to these colourfast properties.
Concrete roof tiles:
Monier concrete roof tiles come in a wide range of colours, styles and profiles. It is important to choose a roof that has great style, is affordable and long lasting. Here are some reasons why you should consider concrete roofing for your home:
- Rust and rot free – low maintenance
- Peace & quiet – effective at blocking noise, and they are quiet when it rains or hails.
- Health & safety – naturally inert and drinking water collected from them will not contain zinc or aluminium ions.
- Moisture control – the laps in a concrete roof allow moisture to escape controlling moisture and damp.
- Excellent performance in high wind zones – concrete roofs do not peel off
- Monier 50 year guarantee
Terracotta roof tiles:
With nearly 100 years experience in producing crafted, beautiful roof tiles, Wunderlich knows the importance of quality. Their roof tiles come in a range of classic and contemporary profiles in colours that range from the deep earthy tones of the landscape to the light and breezy hues of the ocean. Here are some reasons for selecting terracotta roof tiles for your home:
- Colour never fades – Wunderlich roof tiles will never fade. Even after years on your roof with the sun beating down and and the wind and rain battering away, Wunderlich tiles retain their colour.
- No rust, warp or cooroding – not only will the colour never fade, but Wunderlich tiles will never rust, warp or corrode, a frequent problem with other roofing materials.
- Salt Safe – Wunderlich roof tiles are ideal for coastal locations that endure the wind, spray and salt of the ocean. All Wunderlich roof tiles are salt safe and will not corrode over time.
- Impervious to frost and ice – Wunderlich roof tiles are ideal for those living in colder climates. They are impervious to the effects of frost and ice, and will never crack or warp, no matter how cold it gets outside.
- Tank water safe – The water that runs off your Wunderlich tiles into rainwater tanks is clean and safe. Wunderlich tiles are made from naturally occurring clays with no added chemicals or dangerous materials.
- Provides thermal insulation – Wunderlich roof tiles help to keep the cold out, and the heat in, in the winter… and the heat out, and the cool in, in the summer.
- Provides acoustic insulation – Wunderlich roof tiles also assist in keeping unwanted noise out. Their advanced insulation properties mean that the only noise in your home will be the noise created by you and your family.
- Increased home resale value – Wunderlich roof tiles are simply a better investment decision. Because of their inherent, long-lasting, quality features, Wunderlich roof tiles add to the value of any home.
To arrange for a FREE quote for the supply and installation of Concrete, Terracotta or Metal roof tiles please contact us.